Lisa/Rogues Under the Covers

Romance reader. I love historical romance and smart, sexy contemporaries.

A Family Affair - Jennifer Wenn This was a very lovely romance and a strong debut and start of what is sure to be a lively, romantic series from Jennifer Wenn! Lady Francesca Darling has known she would marry Devlin Ross, Duke of Hereford, from the tender age of five. Not having seen him for thirteen years, she still harbors her young crush and when she runs into him again at her debutante ball, her feelings come crashing back and intensify into an adult longing. Devlin has decided long ago not to marry and be the kind of father his father was to him, cold and cruel but something about Fanny makes him reconsider. Maybe he can marry and be happy but then tuck her away in the countryside with their children and stay away....or maybe Fanny has her own intentions and will never let that happen. Watching how this all resolves itself, with plenty of help from her loving, interfering family is a delight to read!I enjoy stories that have large, lovingly meddlesome families and Fanny is part of a wonderful one! The first female born in years, she is spoiled and indulged but it has shaped her into an honest young lady with a kind, generous heart. I enjoyed watching all the interactions between her parents, brothers and uncles and how close they are were with each other. This is a huge adjustment for Devlin who was an only child and is not used to the boisterousness of a large family. Even though he has been friends with Fanny's uncle for years, it is still a hard adjustment and he handles it badly at first and it causes quite a strain on Fanny and Devlin's relationship. His fear of being a rotten father is also handled well and I admired how he came to realize how happy he can be as a father and husband and not just as a husband. Warm, sexy and delightful, I thoroughly enjoyed this romance and am looking forward to more of this wonderful family finding their happily-ever-afters! 4 starsReview copy provided by author, thanks!

Flirting with Fortune